Friday, February 24, 2012

The Schedule...and Karen's Starter Row!

Well, ladies, it was fabulous seeing most of you last weekend. Of course, I say "most" because our dear Rebecca couldn't make it! I hope next year will bring us all good health, and we'll make the draw for retreat!

I've worked out what I hope is a reasonable schedule for MAILING our rows. Remember as always, we are sending precious cargo so always ship with a tracking method, whether you use FedEx, UPS, Priority USPS or something similar.

So without further ado, here we go:

Round 1 - we all have our own rows done, and 5 of them were delivered at retreat. Rebecca is mailing hers asap to Pat
Round 2 - mail by May 5th
Round 3 - mail by  July 14th
Round 4 - mail by September 22nd
Round 5 - mail by  December 1st
Round 6 - bring to the 2013 retreat, or mail in time to be delivered prior to retreat!

Since it shouldn't take longer than a week (I hope!) to get each package, it gives us 9-10 weeks to work on each round. You're more than welcome to mail early if you are ready.

If you've forgotten who you are mailing to, here's the line up again:

Colene ---> Dee
Dee ---> Karen
Karen ---> Misha
Misha ---> Rebecca
Rebecca ---> Pat
Pat ---> Colene

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know!

And....drum roll please...here is Karen's first row!


Sorry the pic is so small, I had to use my phone to get the colors to show correctly. Karen is sending around fabric, DMC floss and a book. Now before you start to panic, let me say that she is NOT requiring us to do embroidery! It's just an option, ladies! If you would rather do pieced blocks that's perfectly acceptable, no pressure :)


Here are some close up pics...again, from the phone:






 I'm excited to get started as soon as I can!

1 comment:

  1. I was just looking at Colene's pretty flower, thinking about what I should do. But I'm finishing that string quilt I was working on at the retreat first. ideas still percolating.

    ReplyDelete